Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Reflections

Sundays are good for several things: gettin' some Word, guilt-free naps, and a filling Sunday Southern dinner! I like to take a little time at some point in the day and reflect upon my blessings from the weekend. It helps me get my mind right for the coming weekend (although I'm lucky enough to have another "weekend" day thrown into this one as MLK is tomorrow and the kiddos and I have the day OFF!)

I started the weekend with my husband leaving me for his other girlfriend--the boat and the fish (that's multiple loves, isn't it...). I got the kids to bed for a "sleepover" and then cooked myself up a nice little dinner. Whenever hubs is gone I try something that I know he won't like. This weekends special was a tuna marinaded in soy sauce, brown sugar, and EVOO. Hubs highly opposes fish or meat with a sweet sauce. Me, not so much. 

 

Saturday started with having my little man help me make some chocolate-chip muffins from scratch. He loves to help in the kitchen. It adds a little stress but I try to work through it as I so want my kids to learn to cook and love it as I do!


What I love about January is the "nothing to do" season! December always feels so crazy that it is nice to have nothing going on. We took the time for a visit to the local library. Afterwards we fed the ducks and wondered around the surrounding park. Those fellas were hysterical--funny how tame these guys are and the ones at my house won't let you within a mile of them.



We ended the weekend with a great church visit, chili for lunch, and a nice nap
I love weekends like this. It just calms the soul to have close family time! #blessed


This is a hymn we sang in church this morning... always a favorite!

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
   
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.





I wish you a peaceful and wonderful week!

With Love,

Reynie

No comments:

Post a Comment