Wednesday, January 13, 2016

I Did It! Detox Complete

In general, my family eats pretty good year-round, but I admit, hit December and all healthy eating is over and this fat lady is singing! So, come January my sluggish, slow, bloated self is ready for something healthy so that I feel better about myself and what I'm providing my family to eat.

I always start my year with the Dr. Oz three-day cleanse. It's three days of veg and fruit packed drinks balanced with lots of water, detox baths, and probiotics. I also start back my regular exercise routine that inevitable has fallen aside for Christmas shopping and parties. 

This cleanse makes me take a trip to the store and fill my basket with lots of colorful fruits and veggies. So even though my husband and kids don't cleanse with me, they reap the benefits of good food in the house. 

The first day is great--I'm totally motivated and feel awesome!

The second day I start to crave food that I can actually chew... I need a crunch!

The third day I feel like I could chew off my arm!

Nonetheless, I survived and completed the three days with my arm in tact. 

I got all crazy this year and after the completion of the three-day cleanse, I decided to proceed the rest of the week with an additional cleansing dietbreakfast protein shake, a huge salad for lunch, and a detox soup for dinner. I can say I actually enjoyed it! And more importantly, I feel great!

Lunch looked a lot like this: spinach, 3-4 chopped veggies, and canned tuna (which I would sub with real fish any day but sometimes you close your eyes and move forward). I am not a huge fan of salad dressings as they pack fat, sugar and not a lot taste in general. I use flavored balsamic vinegars with additional spices. 



My soup that I enjoyed for dinner was made from a variation of various recipes. Basically, it included the following:

  • Cabbage
  • Carrotts
  • Red onion
  • Broccoli
  • Kale
  • Celery
  • Garlic
  • Turmic
  • Veggie broth
  • Water
  • Salt and pepper

How much you use will depend on how much you want to make and what you like as far as the veggies go. Simply dice the veggies into small, bit-sized pieces and throw into a pot with stock and water. Allow to cook on a simmer for about an hour.  



The result? I lost two pounds but more importantly, I feel better! I'm not as tired, grouchy, irritable, and have more energy! As of Sunday, it was an entire seven days of cleanse and detox and I can honestly say that I feel 100 times better than I did before I started! If you've never done a detox, I highly recommend giving it a try. Dr. Oz has lots of good information on cleanse and detox to help you get started.
 
Here's to healthy eating!

With Love,

Reynie

No comments:

Post a Comment