Friday, January 15, 2016

Enchiladas

After trying to detox and cleanse for a number of days I was past ready for something rib-sticking and yummy! Mexican is one of my favorite foods so I grabbed a bag of my Mexican style shredded pork out of the freezer and went to cooking some enchiladas!

Anytime I can get a Boston butt on sale, I grab it up because it is so versatile in the kitchen. You can really use it in anything! The last one I made, I threw it in the crock pot with a diced onion, two cans of green chiles, and cumin spice. I often steal a good old Budweiser from my husband's beer stash and soak the butt down with that as well. I cook it on medium heat for 6-8 hours. When it's done, shred it with two forks and let it cool completely. Throw some in freezer bags and store in your freezer until your ready to use it.

I mixed the pork up with a can of green chiles, some cheese, enchilada sauce and more cumin. Pour about 1/4 can of enchilada sauce in a pan. Pile that mixer down the center of flour tortillas, roll up, and drop into a dish. 



Cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and some cheese. You're ready to bake! 


The enchiladas will come out warm and toasty. I like to let mine go a little extra long because I like the cheese crispy on the sides--but that's my own weird preference! You can top these with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and black olives if you want to go all out!


I serve it with black beans and Spanish rice.

Yum! This has definitely stuck to my ribs!

With Love,

Reynie



Enchiladas

Recipe by Reynie Banks
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients
  • 3 cups Mexican Pulled Pork
  • 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 4 oz can green chiles
  • 1 tsp Ground cumin
  • 1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
  • 8-10 large flour tortillas
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix the meat, chiles, spice, enchilada sauce and cheese (reserving about a 1/4 portion to go on top) in a bowl.
  3. Pour a little bit of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, just enough to cover the bottom.
  4. Lay out the flour tortillas and spoon in a few heaping spoonfuls of the meat mixture. Roll like a burrito and place in the baking dish. Repeat until all the tortillas are used.
  5. Cover completely with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top.
  6. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes.
  7. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and diced black olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment