Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year, New Blog

I’m a goal setter. I’ve always been. I like the idea of telling myself that I can achieve something, setting forth a plan to do so, and then working hard to carry it out. The best part is to check it off! And of course achieving the goal, but I really get gratification out of a “check”—it’s done!

In the past I’ve set goals at the New Year but it seems like since I’ve had children that my goal-setting has turned more into “1. Survive”…. My children are getting a little older now and I find I’m actually coming up with a few extra minutes in my week to do “me” things so I think I’m ready to throw my hat back in the “goal-setting” ring. Here goes:

1. Faith: I’ve always talked to God and read my bible, but I feel like I’m desperate for our relationship to grow more. I want to depend on Him for everything so the trust needs to grow there. The only way to do that is submerge myself into Him. I plan to have more time reading, praying, talking, sitting, listening… all of it. Just find more of it in this coming year. For me, for Him, for us.
Hebrews 11:6: And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
2. Good Health: I’m a foodie and love learning about good nutrition and lifestyle. I try to make the best food choices for my family and demonstrate the importance of exercise to my children so that they grow up healthy and strong. And I just feel better when I get a little exercise in my day! I plan to add two new things to my arsenal this year: 1. Make homemade bread and stop buying the store-bought stuff (better nutrition) and 2. Get my kids out walking with me more.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20: Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
3. Creativity: I consider myself artistic but not a photographer by any stretch! I love using any creative outlet I can find time for and it seems that I spend a great deal of time snapping pictures of my family so why not expand on that possible creative outlet? I plan to learn the mechanics of my camera and how to better edit the pictures I take. I know there is a great deal that I just don’t know and I’m curious to find out more and make improvements.
Exodus 35:31-32: And he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, with intelligence, with knowledge, and with all craftsmanship, to devise artistic designs, to work in gold and silver and bronze,
4. Family: My husband is my rock and my children are my heart! I fail miserable at being a good wife and a good mother on a daily basis. Thank goodness they forgive me. I strive to be better all the time and this year will be no different. I plan to give them more of me. More time dedicated to them where I play, I draw, I listen, I ask questions about his fishing stuff that I usually have no idea what he’s talking about but is so very passionate about… More of all of that for them.
Titus 2:4: And so train the young women to love their husbands and children,
5. Me: I try. I really do, but I am far from perfect. I need improvement in so many ways. I know my pain points that seem to haunt me in my soul. I plan to work on them this year. Not for anyone else but for me to be a better person. Me to be able to live with myself without guilt, and sadness, and regret, and always second-guessing myself. Sometimes, it just means closing your mouth and changing your thoughts. I will work on this for me.
1 Peter 2:1-25: So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation— if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. ...
That seems like a lot to tackle right there. Whew, I’m tired just looking at it. But I will do it! I will try because I’m challenged to be a better person than I am for my God, for my family, and for myself.
Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
With Love,

Reynie

No comments:

Post a Comment