Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentines Special Dates

Since my sweet Kimmie was about two years old her Daddy has always taken her out for a special Valentine's dinner. Just the two of them! I think the first year I arranged it for them. I saw an ad for a "Daddy-Daughter Date Night" at Chick-fil-A. They had a special section for the event and had the cow coming for a visit. At the time, that's all it took to get my Kimmie because she loves the playground and the cow. 

But then times changed. She discovered Olive Garden. She loves the bread sticks. I can't disagree with her on it. I mean really, who doesn't love those things? And the salad? Really? Love for real!

So for the last few years Daddy has taken her to the Olive Garden. It's the freakin' cutest thing EVER! 

I try to get her all excited by taking her shopping for a new dress (just a note--you can get cute after Christmas sales on red dresses that work perfect for V-day date night). Then I curl her hair and get her nails done. Daddy gets all dressed up in his best blue jeans and boots (such a cowboy)! He always buys her a corsage. I didn't suggest that--he came up with that on his own! Go Daddy! And this year she made him a special card. She loves him! Her first true love!!


In years past Will and I have chilled at home. We get a take out pizza and would watch some TV. But this year he is old enough that I decided we needed a date night, too. I tried to buy him a fancy shirt but he is his father's son so he refused it for a more simpler red shirt. Go figure.

My two little loves! (no chance of ever getting them to both look at the camera at the same time!). And note that Will refused to take off his "play" jeans for his fancy jeans, but I figured it was his date night so why argue. A cowboy in the making!


I think my favorite part with little man was when I asked him what he wanted me to wear--a pretty dress or jeans?? He was matter-of-fact with "jeans!" And then he kept it really simple by choice of restaurant--"Sharpsburg Takeout" (a local favorite!) for a hamburger! Gotta love a simple man!


Daddy went all out this year with his corsage for Kimmie. Sometimes I have to try to rain Daddy back in because when it comes to his baby girl, only the best will do! Lord, help him! So her flowers were hot pink with some sort of glitter and sparkly things on them... please say a prayer for me because I know this will only get worse... chu-ching!!


Off they went and off my little man and I went! We made it back home way before they did. We made some homemade pies in the wood burning stove (another post, another time on that one!). And then snuggled in Momma's bed for some TV time. I know I only have a limited amount of snuggles left from this little boy so I truly appreciate them all.

Love these kids to pieces!!

1 Samuel 1:27-28 "For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him:"
 


What a great time all around! The special time little man and I had together was priceless and I know Kimmie loved her time with Daddy. If you could see her smile as she climbed up in his truck... truly priceless!

Daddy and I celebrated this past weekend together with steak, lobster, and the rest ain't your business! (wink, wink). Grandmommy kept the kids on Friday night so we could have a great Valentine's celebration together (see my instagram for the photo opps!). Can I just say that Grandommy is a Saint??

Remember God's love on this special day!

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-15

With Love,

Reynie

No comments:

Post a Comment