Monday, February 15, 2016

Bread Making

For some time now I've been a little freaked out that the store-bought bread never seems to mold. It can sit in my bread basket for two weeks plus and never grow any penicillin! Weird. That just doesn't seem natural or normal. That has lead me to want to make my own bread. That way, I know what goes in it and that it isn't full of chemicals, bread conditioners, and other no-nos.

I decided to start basic so I used the recipe on the back of the White Lily bread flour bag. Seemed pretty straight forward so here goes...


I've made my family's yeast rolls since I was knee high to my Mom so I'm familiar with working with yeast. The important thing is that it bubbles and gets all yeast-ee like.


The milk and shortening mixture always seems so good to me. It has this comforting type smell that let's you know that something good is coming.


Working with the dough is classified as an aerobic workout. It takes some muscle power to mix this stuff around for the needed time.


I get anxious watching it rise. It looks so pretty and puffy and I know it is going to taste wonderful once it's baked.



And it didn't disappoint!


I was proud of myself for stepping out to try a new bread recipe. I now have a little confidence in the bread making department on hope to start doing more of this. I'll be blog hopping looking for some good recipes but if you have one, please share! 

With Love,

Reynie

No comments:

Post a Comment